Friday, December 10, 2004

Day Dream

Uh.. my back and neck hurt! spend too much time in front of the computer... well, not very much though.. just an hour and a half. Maybe because I put too much concentration. (and this seat I'm sitting on has no back support..can't lean back! the computer's seat is downstairs, too lazy too take it back here).
So what did I do? hehe.. I day dreamt ... of new layout..
you see, I have forgotten lots about html.. and don't know much about css , let alone php... but I have this cute layout in my mind for weeks... I sketched it on my exam paper actually (weeks ago) in the exam hall (hoho.. bad mai.. bad mai..).
And today, I've made it in photoshop.. including the scroll bar there.. haha. it can't be moved (duh!).
I drew the simple flower there.. a minute sketch on A4 paper using artline210 pen 0.6 mm, then scanned it... and coloured it in photoshop (my first colouring ever.. haha.. turned out quite good).
Oh, and I forgot to draw a snail there as I planned... nevermind though..
When I did this, I just remembered Aneesah... to her, doing this may be so very easy.. (am I right? eheh)... *can you help me?? *... I'll learn how to publish this layout! I must.... without anyone's help! yay to me.. go me!

Oh.. this is the layout --> childish layout

Btw, I was actually painting this evening... but it turned out rubbish. well, what do you expect from a 'professional' ? with no reference or anything and I didn't use the watercolour my dad gave me..because I was afraid it might ruined or something.. instead.. I used my brother's poster colour.. heh. And, please ignore my lazy writings of my name and the date there.
And I did some sketches.. of building corner.. roof (I refered my father's architectural books).. and people.. hmm, maybe because it has been a very long time that I kinda forgot how to draw.. and what to draw.. lack inspirations. *sigh...need more practices!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mai! Saw your upcoming layout at DA. :)

Hehehe, it's not that hard, colouring and making layouts. Just need some practice. It looks great to me! =D

Anyway if you have any problems with making the layout practical, just e-mail me, okay? I'll see what I can do. You can always read up about HTML and those silly (but useful) languages on the net.

Oh and just keep practicing with painting! Photo references are good. Make them your best best friends. And paint as much as possible!

Taa-taa!

-Aneesah

11 December 2004 at 16:32  
Blogger Borges said...

Salaam Aleikum wr wb,
Good luck on the layout. I'm kind of a beginner myself so i don't think i'd be of much use. Is your family native or fluent English speakers because if not then Malaysian schools must teach English awesomely!

11 December 2004 at 22:32  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home