Wednesday, December 29, 2004

So much has happened. So much to tell. But I barely have time to write it all. For the first time since I've finished the SPM, I need to admit that I'M BUSY. It's 2.08 a.m. I just got up from my sleep, will continue it after I've finished writing this.

I've started my job as a teacher.Since 27th December. English teacher to be specific. (I hear you laugh). I'm worried and afraid because as many have known, my English isn't good. Not good at all. Of course I can write well (and ignore grammar mistakes), but I can't speak English well. I'll go numb and speechless (and stutter) if anyone expected me to say something in English. But, oh well... I know I can, just lack practices.

I'll teach year 2 (1 class) , 4 (a class,but I'll teach them Kajian Tempatan -literally translated: local edu, eh?) and 5 (2 classes). I'll work until March 2. Oh, I've to work every day! this week, everyday ends at 4 o'clock. But for next week and the weeks after that, just until 2.30 pm. Tiring.

Ok, enough about work. I went to Kuala Lumpur on Saturday till Sunday. Well, I went to Times Square on Sat because my sisters and brothers wanted to play at the theme park there. I've went to that theme park.. so I didn't want to go again. So I took the opportunities to shop! well, nothing much I bought, just a new bag and sandal. and reader's digest.

On Sunday, my cousins, sisters and I went to Suria KLCC by LRT. There, we separated and 2 of my sisters and I went to Kinokuniya. I bought 2 new novels titled 'Baby Shoes' and 'Or Give Me Death'. Haven't finished read any of them yet. Looking forward to it. Then I ate 2 pretzels. Yummy. And a rotiboy. Very2 yummy.

I didn't remember when I heard about the tsunami news first. Devastating eh? I was shocked and still am now. Never occurred to me that it could happen here in Malaysia. I feel sad. Maybe it was a retribution from God. (and they still want to party at the park.. countdown etc2..).
It happened here, where many Muslims live. And many Muslims died. I don't think it's just an earthquake... it's a sign. A sign to tell that the end of the world is approaching. To awaken the Muslims. But many Muslims just ignore the sign... and continue snoring... and snoring...
Sad. I feel sad.

A good thing when being a teacher is I can sit and eat lunch with my former teachers. And listen to their opinions from the point of view as an adult. And made me feel like an adult. :). One of my teacher, (my aunt actually), told about an earthquake that happened years back when she was in Egypt. When it occurred, it felt like the world has ended. Like this is it! i'm going to die. People screaming and running out from their apartments. Some of them even jumped out from higher levels because they're too afraid. And there was a person who went out naked. My other teacher, who was experienced the same thing, said even she was so scared that she didn't even covered her hair running outside. Her brother, just wore a towel. Embarrassment was ignored. People won't care about anything else but themselves. That is.. desperation. That is... a sign.

... but people still don't care. still want to party. and countdown.... want to wait until when? until the last second of their lives?

"Al-Qariah (1) Mal Qariah (2) Wa Ma Adrokamal Qariah (3) ... "
~surah Al-Qariah 1-3 , Al-Quran Kareem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home