Sunday, September 18, 2005

Quiet Wishes: Mai K Derwish

Assalamualaikum..

Last night I turned in to bed quite early; 10.05 pm. I woke up at 1.28 am sweating and crying. I dreamed of the end of this world, the Qiamat. It was so scary. So real. I felt like dying. The sky was very clear, so blue, in that dream. Somehow someone pointed out that the sun had risen from the west. And then something happened, I couldn't remember. What I didn't forget is how I woke up with a start, then I cried. And then I turned on the radio, someone was reciting the Holy Quran, so soothing and peaceful that it put me to bed.

This was not the first time I dreamed something similar to that. There was this one time I had a nightmare that I was sentenced to death. I was going to be hanged. It was so real. I thought it was true. But I think I'm glad I have all these dreams. They keep me sane. I mean, as a muslim, these dreams made me realize who I am, I cannot be arrogant for I have no power nor control on my life. Anytime, anywhere, Allah can call me back.. then I die.

Anyway, I am still alive. Alhamdulillah. The Qiamat hasn't arrived yet. Life has to go on..
Two weeks ago I sit for the TOEFL. I haven't received the official score yet, but my range is 227 to 270. (out of 300) .Not bad. Not bad at all. The seniors said don't even think about repeating it. But there are so many who gets more than me. I was a bit dissapointed, but I believe I've tried my best.

Swimming lesson has getting more interesting now that I've grasp the basic of swimming. I can do freestyle and the whip kick one now... and many types of floating. This evening I'll go practice with my friends. I've never imagine myself swimming before. I'm glad I have this opportunity.

Classes are getting more boring but at the same time, fun! Although there are a lot of homework and the schedule is packed, but I can still tolerate to those. No pressure. This programme suits me. It's different from matriculation. Way different. I'm glad I 'cabut' matriculation.

SAT is just 3 weeks away. There are sets of words to be memorize. The vocabulary list is full with bombastic words. I'm afraid I may not remember them all. At least I try.

Fine, I don't know what else to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home