Thursday, February 10, 2005

Mixed feelings. Happy, sad, scared, worried, overwhelmed!
My dad collects photos. Of many different subjects. Science, architecture, arts, tsunami, strange photos.. and many other... and of course, a huge collection of our family photos.

So yesterday, he showed us all the photos. First, our family. Old photos especially. When my parents married, when my first brother born.. when I was kid, so cute and small,we laughed at my lil bro pic, when he was chubby and fat (now he has grown as a handsome young man.. haha), all the eids photos. I was so happy! what a family I have.

Then my dad showed science photos.. the sun, it's solar flare, other planets, different kind of stars, beautiful! asteroids, scary looking clouds, auroras, meteors... I felt the greatness of God..Subhanallah!

My dad also told us some facts about the galaxies.. about the solar flare and all... and he also told us about a theory; Scientists have found out that there's an asteroid, it's predicted that the asteroid will collide with our planet.. and so powerful it can destroy at least one continent!Scary. Scientist predicted it will hit the earth on 2019! my sister pointed out that, it is possible, with a destruction as bad as that will trigger the tsunami... and maybe a very huge tsunami.. can destroy the whole world! scary!.. but then, my dad said, only Allah knows what will happen. And it is possible something more powerful that the asteroid will come first.. we don't know when.. anything can happen anytime!

Then, photos of tsunami... in Acheh. Needless to say, it was terrible. I felt so sad.I was so afraid. The tsunami affected even some areas situated 10 km from the beach.... and you know what, my house is only 1 or 2 km away from the Lido beach!
We watched some videos too... saw how some people tried to save their lives but failed.Tried to run, but short of time! How some people thought they could run away with their vehicles... how some people go 'owh.. '...'wow!' and even laugh when they saw the waves.. little did they know, the waves were about to kill them.. (but they survived anyway, they were the one who captured the videos).How some people still cared for their possession while others were dying... sad!

Oh.. this earth is too old...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home